This course is the Maryland mandated 8-hour training required to renew the Wear & Carry Permit. This training takes place in the classroom and on the range. Maryland Certified Instructors will review Maryland Law, transportation of firearms, use of force and holster draw. The course will then move to range to practice basic and advanced skills including low light and barricade shooting. The course will end in the shooting of Maryland's Wear & Carry Proficiency Course.
Renewal Module Objectives:
- Participants will learn and apply the steps of a defensive holster draw.
- Students will learn Maryland Law on transportation of firearms and use of force.
- Students will gain knowledge of dry fire drills for home use.
- Students will learn techniques for low light shooting and experience low light shooting on the range
- Students will learn the importance of barrier shooting and the difference between cover and concealment.
- Students will learn techniques for one-handed shooting and put his new skill to the test on the range.
- Finally, students will shoot a culmination proficiency under the guidance of a Maryland Certified Instructor.
Prerequisite: Must have a valid Wear & Carry Permit
Each student must bring his or her own firearm, flashlight, OWB holster, and 150 rounds of ammunition.
Wear & Carry Renewal is 8 hours of active training. A 1-hour lunch break will be provided. A refrigerator and microwave are on site for your use.
All students must wear range appropriate clothing which includes closed-toe shoes and a sturdy belt.