This registration is for Spirit of America administered by Beaufort Community Sailing and Boating.
If chosen, students must commit to the following important mandatory dates:
- Student & Parent Orientation Meeting held prior to the beginning of the session on August 9th at 8:30 AM.
- SC DNR Boating License Course Session (Classroom) will be held the first 2 days of the session *weather dependent*.
- Water Smart Pool Class - Monday afternoon.
- Student Performance Objective Training (Classroom) and On-Water Training – Monday thru Friday of selected session. This is where the students will operate all types of watercraft in actual river, creek & marsh conditions.
- Graduation – After successful completion of the entire course, graduation will be held with a family awards day to present certificates. This will be a group function with all graduating students and only those students who attend the graduation ceremony will receive lifejackets.
The camp will include the SC DNR Boating License Course. At the conclusion of the course, each student will take a test that must be passed with a score of 70% or greater in order to graduate from the program. Student participation for all days of this course is necessary for graduation.
Students may participate in on-the-water instruction of the following types of watercraft:
- Zodiac (with 9.9 hp)
- Canoes (2)
- 15’ Hunter Sail Boats (3)
- Large Vessel Watercraft
- PWC (Jet Skis)
Weekly Camp Schedule:
- Monday – 8:30am – 3pm @ Beaufort Yacht and Sailing Club
- Tuesday – 9am – 3pm @ Beaufort Yacht and Sailing Club
- Wednesday – 9am – 3pm @ Beaufort Yacht and Sailing Club
- Thursday – 9am – 3pm @ Beaufort Yacht and Sailing Club
- Friday – 9am – 12pm @ Beaufort Yacht and Sailing Club
***Parent/Student Orientation is required at 8:30 am on Monday August 9th.
***Graduation will be offered at 12 pm on Friday August 13th