Designed for new clinical research personnel, the Overview of Clinical Research Resources at Stanford (CTR Overview of Resources) is an introduction to navigating the clinical research landscape at Stanford University. This session will provide information on navigating the clinical research landscape at Stanford. The overview includes introductions to University Departments responsible for human subjects' protection, research budget development, research contract negotiations and grant submissions. Information on obtaining medical services for research participants from Stanford Health Care (SHC) and Stanford Children's Health (SCH) will be presented.
By attending this class you will:
- Become familiar with the Stanford clinical research landscape
- Learn which University departments to contact for human subjects' protections and for research budgeting and contracts
- Learn where to find contacts and information critical to conducting clinical research at Stanford Health Care, Stanford Children’s Health and the Clinical and Translational Research Unit (CTRU)
- There are 3 components of this training:
- Required for new staff participating in clinical research.
- Recommended for postdoctoral scholars and new faculty.
LOCATION: Freidenrich Center for Translational Research, 800 Welch Road, conference room 180, Stanford, CA 94304